West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (WBSEDCL) has published advertisement for the post of Legal Advisor on contractual basis. West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (WBSEDCL) intends to fill-up the following vacant post from Retired District/Session Judges of West Bengal Higher Judicial Service or its equivalent post immediately on Contractual basis. interested and eligible candidates can apply before last date of application 21 October 2016. Candidates can view more details by following link.
The Government of West Bengal unbundled the erstwhile West Bengal State Electricity Board (WBSEB) into two companies viz., West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (WBSEDCL) and West Bengal State Electricity Transmission Company Limited (WBSETCL). The main business of WBSEDCL is distribution and hydro generation of electricity. It is also the nodal Agency of the Government of West Bengal for undertaking Rural Electrification task in the State with objective of providing access of electricity to all rural households in the state in line with the National Rural Electrification Policy.
The Company is managed by a Board of Directors comprising ten members out of which seven are Executive Directors including Chairman & Managing Director. Besides one Woman Director and two Independent Directors constitute the Board.Over the years, WBSEDCL has been continually evolving to position itself as a leading Power Utility services organization of the Country. In the changing landscape, post recent global slowdown, it is anticipated that demand for electricity will change rapidly and expectations will also increase exponentially. WBSEDCL continually strives to enhance the quality of services delivered to its customers. WBSEDCL provides quality power to a gargantuan customer base of more than 1.68 crore across West Bengal through its service network spanning 5 Zones, 19 Regional Offices, 70 Distribution Divisions and 505 Customer Care Centers.These are indeed exciting times for the Company, given its rapid progression from providing engineering solutions, to solving complex customer challenges, to providing innovative solutions. WBSEDCL has implemented Enterprise Resource Planning – SAP in Financial Accounting & Control, Material Management, HR with Payroll, Plant Maintenance and Project System.
Highlight for WBSEDCL Recruitment 2016:
- Advt No. : MPP/2016/09
- Post Name : Legal Advisor
- No of Vacancy : 01 Post
- Pay Scale : Not Specified
- Nationality : Indian
- Age Limit : 63 years as on 01.01.2016
- Selected candidate will be posted at Vidyut Bhavan, WBSEDCL HQ.
- The engagement will be purely contractual for 1 (One) year only which may be renewed on the basis of performance/requirement and subject to decision of competent authority.
Educational Qualification :
- Degree in Law from a recognized University and Minimum 7 (Seven) years’ experience in West Bengal Higher Judicial Service.
- Minimum 7 (Seven) years’ experience in West Bengal Higher Judicial Service.
Selection Process :
- Selection will be made on the basis of Interview.
- The particulars along with prescribed application format shall be available on the website on and from 16.09.2016. Application form can be downloaded from the Company‟s website. Application Forms duly filled in along with all self-attested documents/testimonials, proof of age and proof of work experience should be submitted to The Addl. General Manager (HR&A),Recruitment & Manpower Planning Cell, WBSEDCL, Vidyut Bhavan, 7th Floor, ”C” Block, Sector-II, Bidhannagar, Kolkata-700091. The envelope containing application and other documents should be superscribed with the name of the post applied. The application along with other documents will be received at the above mentioned address during 17.09.2016 to 21.10.2016 (upto 5:00 PM).
How to Apply for WBSEDCL Recruitment 2016 :
- Interested Candidates may apply in prescribed application form along with all self-attested documents/testimonials, proof of age and proof of work experience send to The Addl. General Manager (HR&A),Recruitment & Manpower Planning Cell, WBSEDCL, Vidyut Bhavan, 7th Floor, ”C” Block, Sector-II, Bidhannagar, Kolkata-700091 on or before 21.10.2016.
Important Dates to Remember :
- Starting Date for Submission of Application form : 21.10.2016