The West Bengal Central School Service Commission (WBCSSC) has published advertisement for the post of 16529 Assistant Teachers for Classes IX-X and Classes XI-XII in Govt. aided/sponsored Secondary/Higher Secondary Schools. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online before last date of application 07 October 2016. Candidates can view more details by following link.
The West Bengal Central School Service Commission will hold 1st SLST -2016 for appointment of Assistant Teachers for Classes IX-X and Classes XI-XII in Govt. aided/sponsored Secondary/Higher Secondary Schools. The date of the said examination will be notified in due course.
The West Bengal School Service Commission Act, 1997 (West Bengal Act IV 1997) enacted by Notification No. 936-L dated 1.4.1997 came into force with effect from 01.11.1997 for the purpose of recruitment of Assistant Teacher and Headmaster/ Headmistress in recognized Non-Government aided Schools in West Bengal and presently the recruitment processes are guided by the West Bengal School Service Commission (Selection of Persons for Appointment to the Post of Teacher) Rules, 2007. The State Government later on decided that the Non-Teaching Staff in the posts of Librarian, Clerk and Group-D Staff including Laboratory Attendant, Peon, Night Guard, Matron in recognized Non-Government aided Schools in West Bengal should also be recruited through School Service Commission, and accordingly necessary amendments have been introduced in the said Act, vide the West Bengal School Service Commission (Amendment) Act, 2008 (West Ben. Act IV of 2008) and such selection process be guided by the West Bengal School Service Commission (Selection of Persons for Appointment to the Post of Non-Teaching Staff) Rules, 2009.
Highlight for WBCSSC Recruitment 2016:
- Post Name : Assistant Teachers
- No. of Vacancy : 16529 Posts
- Posting Location : West Bengal
- Age Limit : 20 to 40 years as on 01.01.2016
Educational Qualification :
- Graduate or Post Graduate Degree in relevant decipline with BEd degree from recognized University/Institute.
Age Limit :
- 20 to 40 years as on 01.01.2016
Age Relaxation :
- Only West Bengal Domocile
- For Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe Candidates : 05 years
- For Other Backward Class Candidates : 03 years
- For the Physically Handicapped : 08 years
- For Ex-Servicemen : 05 years
Application Fee :
- General & OBC-A/OBC-B candidates have to pay Rs.250 /- and Rs. 80/- for reserved (SC/ST/ PH-VH/PH-HI/PH-OH) candidates through Internet Banking or Debit card or Credit Card, instantly through online OR through printed Bank Challan with Cash at Allahabad Bank branch in West Bengal OR through Sahaj Tathya Mitra Kendra by cash instantly.
How to Apply for WBCSSC Recruitment 2016:
- Interested candidate may apply Online through the website www.westbengalssc.com from 24.09.2016 to 03.10.2016.
Important Dates to Remember :
- Starting Date For Submission Of Online Application : 24.09.2016
- Last Date For Submission Of Online Application : 03.10.2016
- Last Date for Submission of Application Fee : 07.10.2016
Important Links :
- Click here for view official advertisement
- Click here for view important notice
- Click here for Apply Online