Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board (UPPRPB) has published advertisement for the posts of 200 Police Constable (Sports Persons). Interested and eligible candidates can apply online before last date of application 24 October 2016. Candidates can view more details by following link.
With an area of appx. 243,286 Sq.Km. and a population of over 20 Crores apporx (census 2011), Uttar Pradesh has the distinction of being the largest single Police force not only in the country but of the entire world. The Director General of UP Police commands a force of approx. 2.5 Lacs aprox. personnel spread over 75 districts, 33 armed Battalions and other specialised wings/ branches relating to Intelligence, Investigation, Anti-corruption, Technical, Training, Forensic Science etc.The present police system in the country was created following the recommendation of the Police Commission headed by Mr. H.M. Court in 1860 which led to the enactment of the Police Act of 1861, which is in force even today. The same Mr. Court became the first Inspector General of Police of the then North West Province and Avadh which comprised the territory of the present state of Uttar Pradesh. The Civil Police too continued to grow and Mr. B.N. Lahiri was the first Indian IGP of the state after independence. The performance of the State Police in the spheres of Crime control and maintenance of Law and Order was highly appreciated and it had the proud privilege of being the first police force in the country to be conferred the honour of receiving the Colors on 13th November, 1952 by the then Prime Minister of India, Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru. Since then it has maintained its glorious tradition of keeping communal and social harmony, maintaining Law and Order and keeping a check on crime so that a sense of security is inculcated amongst the people and all round development of the state is ensured. Various Specialised wings for combating organised crimes, economic offences etc.
Highlight for UPPRPB Recruitment 2016:
- Post Name : Police Constable (Sports Persons)
- No. of Vacancy : 200 Posts (Male – 160 Posts & Female – 40 Posts)
- Pay Scale : Rs. 5200-20200/-
- Grade Pay : Rs.2000/-
- Nationality : Indian
- Age Limit : 21 to 25 years as on 01.07.2016
- Age of Relaxation :
- SC/ST/ OBC Candidates : 5 years (Only U.P. Domicile)
- Posting Location : Uttar Pradesh
Educational Qualification :
- Candidates should have passed High School Exam UP Board or any recognized Board.
Selection Process :
- Selection process will be based Document verification, Physical Measurement Test, Physical Efficiency Test.
Application Fee :
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 200/- for All Category Candidates. Pay the Examination Fee Through Challan or Online Payment Mode.
How to Apply :
- Interested candidates may apply Online through the website www.uppbpb.gov.in from 01.10.2016 to 24.10.2016.
Important Dates to Remember :
- Starting Date for Submission of Online Application : 01.10.2016
- Last Date for Registration of Online Application & Fee : 21.10.2016
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application form : 24.10.2016