The last date to apply for the University Grants Commission’s (UGC) National Eligibility Test (NET) is fast approaching. Candidates can apply through the official website of the UGC NET up to November 16, 2016, after which registrations will be closed. Candidates can view more details by following link.
- General category: Rs 600
- OBC category: Rs 300
- SC/ST category: Rs 100
- In order to be eligible, candidates need to have scored at least 55 per cent in MA degree or equal examination from a UGC recognised college, university or education institute. For OBC / SC/ ST/ PWD candidates, the relaxation is 5 per cent, which makes the requirement 50 per cent in MA degree or equal examination from a UGC recognised college, university or education institute.
- Those candidates who are in their final year of MA or whose result is awaited or delayed or who are set to appear in their MA final exams can also apply. Candidates are advised to log on to the official website of the NET examination to know the full eligibility criteria in detail.
Important dates to note:
- Online application begins: October 17, 2016
- Last date to apply online: November 16, 2016
- Last date to submit fee through bank challan: November 17, 2016
- Correction in application form details on CTET website: November 22, 2016 to November 29, 2016
- Admit card to be released on: December 21, 2016
- Date of exam: January 22, 2017
How to apply:
- Visit official website of the NET examinations, cbsenet.nic.in.
- Read all the instructions regarding the filling of the form.
- The link for filling the online application form is available on the main page itself on a blue ribbon towards the bottom of the main page.
- Fill the application form and pay the fee.
- Take a print of the submitted application form as well as the confirmation receipt.
- save a copy for future reference