Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has published advertisement for the post of Junior Engineer (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Quantity Surveying & Contract) Examination 2016. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online before last date of application 28 October 2016. Candidates can view more details by following link.
F.No. 3/7/2016- P&P-II: Staff Selection Commission will hold on 3rd December 2016 to 05th December 2016, an open competitive Computer Based Examination for recruitment of Junior Engineers, Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted posts in the Pay Band of Rs.9300-34800/- plus Grade Pay Rs.4200/- (pre-revised).
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is an organization under Government of India to recruit staff for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in Subordinate Offices. This commission is an attached office of the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) which consists of Chairman, two Members and a Secretary-cum-Controller of Examinations. His post is equivalent to the level of Additional Secretary to the Government of India. The Estimates committee in the Parliament recommended the setting up of a Service Selection Commission in its 47th report (1967-68) for conducting examinations to recruit lower categories of posts. Later, in the Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms, on 4th November of 1975 Government of India constituted a commission called Subordinate Service Commission. On 26th September 1977, Subordinate Services Commission was renamed as Staff Selection Commission. The functions of Staff Selection Commission were redefined by The Government of India through Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions on 21st May 1999. Then the new constitution and functions of Staff Selection Commission came into effect from 1st June 1999
Highlight for SSC Recruitment 2016:
- Advt No. : 3/7/2016- P&P-II
- Job Location :All India
- Post Name : Junior Engineer (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Quantity Surveying & Contract) Examination 2016
- No of Vacancy :Not Specified
- Pay Scale : 9300-34800/-
- Grade Pay : 4200/-
Details of the Posts :
- Junior Engineer (Civil) (Central Water Commission)
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical) (Central Water Commission)
- Junior Engineer (Civil) (CPWD)
- Junior Engineer (Electrical) (CPWD)
- Junior Engineer (Civil) (Department of Post)
- Junior Engineer(Civil) (MES)
- Junior Engineer (Electrical and Mechanical) (MES)
- Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying and Contract) (MES)
- Junior Engineer (Civil) Farrakka Barrage (Project
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical/ Electrical) Farrakka Barrage (Project)
- Junior Engineer (Civil) (Central Water Power Research Station)
- Junior Engineer (Electrical) (Central Water Power Research Station)
- Junior Engineer (Naval Quantity Assurance) (Mechanical) (Dte. of Quality Assurance (Naval))
- Junior Engineer (Naval Quantity Assurance) (Electrical) (Dte. Of Quality Assurance(Naval))
Educational Qualification :
- Diploma in Civil / Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University or Institute OR Degree in Civil// Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognised University
Age Limit : As on 01.08.2016.
- For Post No. 01 to 04 : 32 years
- For Post No. 05 & 08 : 18 to 27 years
- For Post No. 06 & 07, 09 to 14 : 30 years
Age of Relaxation :
- SC & ST Category : 5 years
- OBC-NCL Category : 3 years
- Ex-Servicemen Category : 03 years
Selection Process :
- Selection based on Computer Based Written Exam & Skill Test.
Application Fee :
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 100/- through net-banking/credit cards or debit cards or cash through SBI bank challan. Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from paying fee.
How to Apply for SSC Recruitment 2016:
- Interested candidates may apply Online through SSC website www.ssconline2.gov.in OR http://sscregistration.nic.in. from 01.10.2016 to 28.10.2016 (Part-I) and up to 31.10.2016 for Part-II.
Important Dates to Remember :
- Starting Date For Submission Of Online Application : 01.10.2016
- Last Date For Submission of Online Application (Part-I) : 28.10.2016
- Last Date For Submission of Online Application (Part-II) : 31.10.2016
- Date of Written Examination : 03.12.2016 to 05.12.2016