Sikkim Public Service Commission has published advertisement for the post of 10 Firemen under Fire & Emergency Services Department on Regular basis. Applications are invited from the eligible local candidates for filling up of 10 (ten) posts of Firemen out of which 4 (four) posts i.e. 45% is reserved for Home guards and 1 (one) post i.e. 5% is reserved for Followers and 5 (five) posts i.e. 50% is reserved for direct on temporary regular basis in PB-1 of 5200-20200 plus Grade Pay of 2400/- under Fire & Emergency Services Department, Government of Sikkim, through Direct Recruitment. However, during the period of Probation/Apprenticeship/Training, pay shall be governed by Notification No: 489/GEN/DOP dated: 31.10.2011. interested and eligible candidates can apply before last date of application 05 November 2016. Candidates can view more details by following link.
Sikkim became an integral part of the Indian Union in May, 1975. The Constitutional Provision under Article 315 to have a Public Service Commission for the State was fulfilled by constituting a State Public Service Commission in the year 1978. The Public Commission has actually started functioning from 1982 with the appointment of the Chairman and deputation of the staff from the State Government. Tereafter the Commission started to function in different rented buildings. At present the State Public Service Commission is located in the class rooms of the Old West Point School Complex. Consequent upon the decision of the Union Public Service Commission to declare Gangtok as one of the Centres for conducting Union Public Service Commission Examinations, the Sikkim Public Service Commission has been entrusted with the work of conducting Union Public Service Commission examinations.
Highlight for SPSC Recruitment 2016:
- Advt No. : 16/SPSC/EXAM/2016
- Post Name : Firemen
- No of Vacancy : 10 Posts
- Pay Scale : Rs. 5200-20200/-
- Grade Pay : Rs. 2400/-
- Nationality : Indian
- Age Limit : 18 to 22 years As on 31.07.2016
- Posting Location : Sikkim
Educational Qualification :
- Class X passed from any recognized board.
Selection Process :
- Selection will be made on Written Test & Interview.
- Should have attained the age of 18 years, but should not have exceeded 22 years as on 31.07.2016. The maximum age limit is relaxable by 05 years in case of SC/ST/BL/PT candidates, 04 years for OBC ( Central List) candidates, 03 years for OBC (State List) candidates. The candidates applying under Home Guards reserved quota the maximum age limit is as for the direct candidates category wise. Further, the candidates applying under Followers reserved quota the maximum age limit is 40 years.
Application Fee :
- Candidates may Pay Fee in Bank Receipt of State Bank of Sikkim, for Rs. 150/- credited to ‘0051-SPSC’.
How to Apply for SPSC Recruitment 2016:
- Interested candidates may apply in prescribed application form along with one stamp size photograph on it one identical stamp size photograph with the applicants name on the back side of the photograph, Original bank receipt send by hand or post to the Secretary, Sikkim Public Service Commission, Old Tourism Office, M. G. Marge, Gangtok on or before 05.11.2016.
Important Dates to Remember :
- Last Date for Submission of Application : 05.11.2016
Important Links :
- Click here for view official advertisement
- Click here for Download Application Form
- Click here for Download syllabus