Punjab Police has published advertisement for the posts of 725 Intelligence Assistant in the Intelligence Cadre of Punjab Police. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online before last date of application 21 September 2016. Candidates can view more details by following link.
About Punjab Police:
Punjab Police has had an extremely proud history and the legend of keeping duty before self. Even before Independence, Punjab Police had a name in the country for effective policing and this has been continuously improving through the personal examples of its leadership supported by great traditions, discipline, and highly professional attitude. The emergence of Punjab Police as a separate organization is a post 1861 development, which took place after the British annexation of Punjab in 1849. In about 150 years of its existence, the police force in the state has faced many difficult phases. The onus of handling law and order has always been a challenge before the police mainly because of the inherent martial traditions prevailing in the state. The reorganization process in police dates back to 1898, when the practice of appointing army officers to the post of Inspector General was discontinued. However, a sincere effort was made in 1902 by the British, in the form of Indian Police Commission, to identify the shortcomings in the police system. It was, thus, recommended that the police strength in the state may be enhanced
Highlight for Punjab Police Recruitment 2016:
- Advt. No. : 01/2016
- Post Name : Intelligence Assistant
- Total Posts: 725 Posts
- Pay Scale : Rs. 10300-34800/-
- Grade Pay : Rs. 3200/-
- Nationality : Indian
- Age Limit : 21 to 28 years (as on 01.09.2016)
- Age Relaxation :
- SC/ST/BC Candidates : 5 years
- Ex-Servicemen : 3 years
- Posting Location : All India
Educational Qualification :
- Candidates should ba a Graduate from a recognized University Or Institute and and ‘O’ level Computer Course from National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology (NIELIT) or DOEACC. OR B.Sc or BE./B.Tech in Information Technology or Computer Science or Information Systems OR BCA OR Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application from a recognized University Or Institute.
Selection Process :
- Selection will be made on Physical Measurement Test (PMT), Medical Examination & Written Test & Interview.
Application Fee :
- Candidates belonging to General have to pay Rs. 500/- & Rs. 150/- for SC/ST/BC candidates through Net Banking, Credit/Debit Card or Challan. Ex-Servicemen are exempted from the payment of application fee.
How to Apply for Punjab Police Recruitment 2016 :
- Interested candidates may apply Online through the website http://www.punjabpolicerecruitment.in/ from 01.09.2016 to 21.09.2016.
- Starting Date for Submission of Online Application : 01.09.2016
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application : 21.09.2016
- Last Date for Payment of Application Fee in Bank : 23.09.2016