Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) has published advertisement for the post of 14 Assistant Public Relation Officer. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online before last date of application 28 October 2016. Candidates can view more details by following link.
The Public Service Commission was set up for the first time in British India in 1926. After independence, the Commission was established in Pakistan in 1947 under the provision of Government of India Act 1935. At present, the commission is functioning under article 242 of the constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan. It has been provided autonomy under the Rules of Business, 1973 and FPSC Regulations, 1978 in its working. The Commission has also been given administrative as well as, to some extent, financial autonomy to perform its functions independently. The Commission consists of a Chairman and Members. The Chairman is appointed by the President of Islamic republic of Pakistan, in his discretion, under Article 242 (IA) of the Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan, 1973. The members are appointed by the President on the advice of the Prime Minister of Pakistan. The Commission is assisted by the Secretary who provides a link among the Commission, its Secretariat and the Government Agencies.
The term of the office of members is as follow: 1) A Member of the Commission shall hold office for a fixed term from the date on which he enters upon office and shall not be eligible for re-appointment. 2) A Member may resign his office by writing under his hand addressed to the President. PROTECTION OF SERVICE OF THE COMMISSION The Commission may work without the interference of the Government or any other pressure, as Member of the Commission cannot be removed from his office without the advice of the Supreme Judicial Council of Pakistan, which consists of ; i) Chief Justice of Pakistan ii) Two next most senior Judges of the Supreme Court of Pakistan iii) Two senior most Chief Justice of High court, (Section 6 of FPSC Ordinance, 1977 & article 209 of the Constitution). In view of above protection a Member of the Commission can, therefore, work without any pressure.
Highlight for PPSC Recruitment 2016:
- Advt. No. : 05 (VI)
- Post Name : Assistant Public Relation Officer
- of Vacancy : 14 Posts
- Pay Scale : Rs. 10300-34800/-
- Grade Pay : Rs.4400/-
- Nationality : Indian
- Age Limit : 18 to 37 years As on 01.01.2016
- Age Relaxation :
- For SC/ST/ Women Candidates : 5 years
- For PWD Candidates : 10 years
- Posting Location : Punjab
Educational Qualification :
- Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university or diploma in Journalism or in Mass Communication or in Public Relations and Advertising from a recognized University.
Selection Process :
- Selection will be based on Competitive Examination & Interview.
Application Fee :
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes of all States and Backward Classes of Punjab State only have to pay Rs. 1125/-, Rs. 500/- for Ex-Servicemen of Punjab state, Rs. 1750/- for PWD Punjab State & Rs. 3000/- for all other categories through the System Generated Challan Form.
How to Apply for PPSC Recruitment 2016:
- Interested Candidates may apply Online through the website http://www.ppsc.gov.in/ from 06.10.2016 to 28.10.2016. Printout of Online application form along with relevant documents & Bank Challan send to the office of Secretary, Punjab Public Service Commission, Baradari Gardens, Patiala Punjab on or before 11.11.2016.
Important Dates to Remember :
- Starting Date for Submission of Online Application : 06.10.2016
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application : 28.10.2016
- Last Date for Deposit Application Fee Through Challan : 04.11.2016
- Last Date for Receipt of Application : 11.11.2016