Indian Navy invites application from unmarried male candidates for Sailor Entry, Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) – 01/2017 Batch. Recruitment Drive 26 October 2016. Candidates can view more details by following link.
Unmarried Male Indian Citizen from Sikkim meeting following eligibility criteria are invited to participate in the Recruitment Drive. Educational Qualifications. Candidates should have qualified 10+2 /equivalent exam with Maths and Physics as compulsory subjects; optional subjects Chemistry/Biology/Computers. Age. Candidates should have been born between 01 Feb 1996 to 31 Jan 2000 (Both dates inclusive).
About Indian Navy:
The Indian Navy (IN; IAST: Bhāratīya Nau Senā) is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India serves as Supreme Commander of the Indian Navy. The Chief of Naval Staff (CNS), usually a four-star officer in the rank of Admiral, commands the navy. The Indian Navy is the fifth largest in the world. It played an important role in India’s victory in the 1971 Indo-Pakistani War.The Indian Navy can trace its lineage back to the East India Company’s Marine which was founded in 1612 to protect British merchant shipping in the region. In 1793 the East India Company established its rule over eastern part of the Indian subcontinent i.e. Bengal, but it wasn’t until 1830 that the colonial navy became known as Her Majesty’s Indian Navy. In 1858, East India Company rule gave way to the British Raj which lasted until India became independent in 1947. When India became a republic in 1950, the Royal Indian Navy as it had been named since 1934 was renamed to Indian Navy. The 17th-century Maratha emperor Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj is considered as the ‘Father of the Indian Navy’
Highlight for Indian Navy Recruitment 2016:
- Post Name : Sailor Entry, Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) – 01/2017 Batch
- No of Vacancies : Not Specified
- Nationality : Indian
- Posting Location : Gangtok (Sikkim)
Educational Qualification :
- Candidates should have qualified 10+2 /equivalent exam with Maths and Physics as compulsory subjects; optional subjects Chemistry/Biology/Computers.
Age Limit :
- Candidates should have been born between 01 Feb 1996 to 31 Jan 2000 (Both dates inclusive)
Selection Process :
- Selection will be based on Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical Examinations.
How to Apply for Indian Navy Recruitment 2016:
- Interested Candidates may appear for Recruitment Drive along with Original and one self attested copy of Matriculation certificate, 10+2 / equivalent examination mark sheet and certificate, One self-addressed envelope of size 22 x 10 cms with Rs 10/- stamp affixed, Original and one self attested photocopy of Domicile Certificate & Seven recent colour pass port size photographs at the time of Recruitment Drive.
Venue of Recruitment Drive :
- Paljor Stadium Gangtok Sikkim-737101
Important Dates to Remember :
- Date of Recruitment Drive : 26.10.2016 at 07.00 AM