Damodar Valley Corporation, Government of West Bengal has published advertisement for the post of 15 Assistant Engineer (IT). Interested and eligible candidates can apply online before last date of application 25 October 2016. Candidates can view more details by following link.
Government of West Bengal Recruitment Details:
Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC), one of the premier power utilities in India engaged in Thermal/Hydel Power Generation, Transmission & Distribution with its Head Quarters in Kolkata and Power Plants, Sub-stations and offices spread across the states of West Bengal and Jharkhand invites online applications for the post of Assistant Engineer (IT) on Contractual Basis for a period of up to 3(three) years to be filled up through Written Test/Screening/Interview on the terms and conditions mentioned hereinafter.
About Damodar Valley Corporation:
DVC emerged as a culmination of attempts made over a whole century to control the wild and erratic Damodar River. The valley has been ravaged frequently by floods at varying intensities. Serious floods occurred in 1730, 1823, 1848, 1856, 1882, 1898, 1901, 1916, 1923, 1935 & 1943.The river spans over an area of 25,235 sq. km covering the states of Bihar (now Jharkhand) & West Bengal. The catastrophe caused by the1943 flood, led to serious public indignation against the Government. As a result, the Government of Bengal appointed a board of Enquiry titled “Damodar Flood Enquiry Committee “with the Maharaja of Burdwan and the noted physicist Dr. Meghnad Saha as members for suggesting remedial measures.
The Damodar Flood Enquiry Committee suggested creation of an authority similar to the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) in the USA, and recommended the construction of dams and storage reservoirs at the sites with a total capacity of 1.5 millions acre ft. (1.850 millions cu. M) and highlighted the possibilities of multipurpose development in the valley area. The Govt. of India then commissioned the ‘Central Technical Power Board’ to study the proposal and appointed Mr. W L Voorduin, a senior engineer of the TVA to study the problem at the Damodar and to make his recommendation for comprehensive development of the valley. Accordingly, in August, 1944 Mr. Voorduin submitted his ‘Preliminary Memorandum on the unified Development of the Damodar River.’
Highlight for Government of West Bengal Recruitment 2016:
- Posting Location : West Bengal
- Post Name : Assistant Engineer (IT)
- No. of Vacancy : 15 Posts
- Pay Scale : Rs. 4900-16200/-
- Grade Pay : Rs. 1700/-
Educational Qualification :
- Full-Time (4 Years) BE/ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg.) Degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology from a recognized University/ Institute approved by AICTE with not less than 65% marks (GEN/OBC) and 60% marks (SC/ST).
- Through Written Test/Screening/ Interview (Depending upon the number of candidates). DVC reserves the right to increase/decrease the vacancy, if needed.
Age Limit :
- 29 years (as 25.10.2016)
- Maximum 29 years for GEN as on last date of online application (i.e. 25.10.2016). Age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC (Non-Creamy layer).
Period of Engagement:
- 3(Three) years from the date of joining (may be extended as per requirement).
Age Relaxation :
- For OBC Candidates : 3 years
- For SC/ST Candidiates : 5 years
- For Ex-Servicemen : 10 years
How to Apply for Government of West Bengal Recruitment 2016:
- Interested candidates may apply in Online through the website http://www.dvc.gov.in from 26.09.2016 to 25.10.2016.
Important Dates to Remember :
- Starting Date for Submission of Online Application : 26.09.2016
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application : 25.10.2016