Border Security Force (BSF) has published advertisement for the post of 196 Meritorious Person as Constable in Border Security Force against sports quota. Interested and eligible candidates apply before 30 days from the date of Publication. Candidates can view more details by following link.
History about Border Security Force:
Till 1965 India’s borders with Pakistan were manned by the State Armed Police Battalion. Pakistan attacked Sardar Post, Chhar Bet and Beria Bet on 9 April, 1965 in Kutch. This exposed the inadequacy of the State Armed Police to cope with armed aggression due to which the Government of India felt the need for a specialized centrally controlled Border Security Force, which would be armed and trained to man the International Border with Pakistan. As a result of the recommendations of the Committee of Secretaries, the Border Security Force came into existence on 01 Dec 1965, and Shri K F Rustamji was the first chief and founding father.
The BSF contributes every year a number of personnel for services for UN Mission. During the Kargil conflict in May-July 1999, the BSF remained on the heights of the mountains and defended the integrity of the country with all the might at its command in unison with the Army. BSF personnel have been performing Internal Security Duty in Manipur for the last two years and have been successfully fighting insurgency in those areas. During the earthquake in Gujarat on 26th January 2001, the BSF was the first to reach out to help the distressed people. During the communal disturbances in Gujarat recently, BSF personnel went all out to restore amity and brotherhood among the people. The BSF took over the erection of the border fencing in Jammu & Kashmir and it was successful in its task despite all attempts of Pakistan to scuttle our efforts. The BSF has been defending the borders along with the army and checking infiltration on the borders during the current standoff with Pakistan.
Highlight for BSF Recruitment 2016:
- Post Name: Meritorious Person (Male & Female)
- Total Posts: 196 Posts
- Pay Scale: Rs. 5200-20200/-
- Grade Pay: Rs. 2000/-
- Nationality: Indian
- Age Limit: 18 to 23 years (as on 01.08.2016)
- Job Location: All India
- Metriculation or 10th class pass from a recognized board /University with sports Certificate.
- Selection will be made on Height Bar /Test, Identity Check, Checking of Testimonial /documents, Physical Standard Test, Trial in respective sports discipline & Medical Examination.
How to Apply:
- Interested Candidates may apply in prescribed application form along with Self-attested copies of relevant documents send to The Commandant. 25 Bn BSF. Chhawls Crmp. Post Olfice- Naiafsrrh. New Delhi. Pin code – 110071 on or before 30 days from the date of publication in Employment News.
- Date of Publication: 12.08.2016
- Last Date for Submission of Application: 30 days from the date of publication in Employment News