Assam Public Service Commission has published advertisement for the post of Principal. Interested and eligible candidates can apply before last date of application 19 October 2016. Assam Public Service Commission invites application from Indian Citizens as defined in Articles 5 to 8 of the Constitution of India for the under-mentioned posts under Assam Government in the scale of pay as indicated below and carrying usual allowances as admissible under Rules of the Govt. of Assam. Candidates can view more details by following link.
The Assam Public Service Commission came into existence on Ist April, 1937 in accordance with the provision of the Govt. of India Act, 1935 with Mr James Hezelett, a retired ICS officer from London, as its first Chairman. Till framing a new regulation in 1951, five more officers mostly retired ICS officer, held the office of the Chairman for different period after Mr James Hezelett. On India becoming Republic, the regulations of the Commission were framed by the Governor of Assam in exercise of the powers conferred by Article 318 of the Constitution of India and the same came into force w.e.f. Ist September 1951. Also in the same year the Assam Public Service Commission (Limitation of Functions) Regulation was promulgated in exercise of the powers conferred by the provision of clause II of Article 320 of the Constitution. Shri Kameswar Das, an educationist of repute of Assam, was the first non-official Chairman of the Commission after promulgation of the APSC Regulations 1951. He held the office till July 1952.
Highlight for APSC Recruitment 2016:
- Advt No. : 12/2016
- Post Name : Principal
- No of Vacancy : 01 Post
- Pay Scale : Rs. 37400-76000/-
- Grade Pay : Rs. 1000/-
- Nationality : Indian
- Age Limit : 55 years As on 01.01.2016
- Posting Location : Assam
Educational Qualification :
- Master Degree in Law with at least 55% marks by a recognized University with Ph.D. degree in concerned/allied relevant discipline and 15 years’ experience in teaching/research/administration.
- A Master’s Degree in Law with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade up a point scale wherever grading system is followed) by a recognized University.
- A Ph.D. degree in concerned/allied relevant discipline (S) in the institution concerned with evidence of published work and research guidance.
- Associate Professor/ Professor with a total experience of 15 (fifteen) years of teaching/research/administration in Universities, Colleges and other institution of Higher Education.
- A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), as set out in this Regulation in Appendix – III for direct recruitment of Professors in Colleges.
- Relaxation of Master Degree from 55% to 50% will be applicable for SC/ST/Physically disabled persons as per relaxation given by the U.G.C.
- Total experience of 15(fifteen) years of teaching/research in Universities/ Colleges and other institutions of Higher Educations.
Selection Process :
- Selection will be based on Written Test / Interview.
Scale of Pay:
- 37,400/- to Rs. 67,000/- + AGP Rs.10,000/- with special pay of Rs. 2000/- + other allowances as admissible under the Rules of Govt. of Assam.
- Upper age limit upto 55 years of age as on 01.01.2016 as per Govt. Notification No. AHE.17/2013/3, dated 26/12/2013.
How to Apply for APSC Recruitment 2016 :
- Interested candidates may apply in prescribed application form along with Self attested photocopies of Certificate / Mark Sheet / Experience Certificate (where necessary) send to the Deputy Secretary Assam Public Service Commission Jawaharnagar, Khanapara, Guwahati-22 on or before 19.10.2016.
Important Dates to Remember :
- Last Date for Submission of Application : 19.10.2016